About Humalog® U-200 KwikPen®
You may have been taking a long-acting insulin for a while now. So why did your doctor prescribe another insulin? Well, it's to help control the blood sugar "spikes" that happen naturally when you eat. Everyone gets them, but when you have diabetes you may need extra help controlling them. That's where Humalog comes in.
Humalog is different than your long-acting insulin. Long-acting insulin helps control your blood sugar throughout the whole day.
Select Safety Information
Do not use a syringe to remove Humalog from your prefilled pen. This can cause you to take too much insulin. Taking too much insulin can lead to severe low blood sugar. This may result in seizures or death.
Humalog U-200 KwikPen
Humalog U-200 KwikPen is a small, lightweight pen that’s prefilled with Humalog U-200 mealtime insulin. Plus, since it shouldn't be refrigerated after the first use*, you can take it just about anywhere. You can carry it in your purse, backpack, or pocket because it's the size of a marker.
*Once you start using Humalog U-200 KwikPen, it should be stored at room temperature, below 86˚F (30˚C), and must be used within 28 days or be discarded, even if it still contains insulin.
Humalog U-200 KwikPen is the same familiar design as the Humalog U-100 KwikPen. When comparing the two, you'll notice some meaningful differences and similarities:
- Humalog U-200 KwikPen holds double the mealtime insulin* as U-100 pens.
- With Humalog U-200 KwikPen, you'll change pens half as often*†.
- With Humalog U-200 KwikPen, you will need fewer pens per month*.
- It is the same size as the Humalog U-100 KwikPen
- No dose calculations or conversions are needed to use Humalog U-200 KwikPen‡.
- Once your KwikPen is opened and used for the first time, it should not be refrigerated and can be used for up to 28 days. After 28 days, the KwikPen should be discarded even if insulin remains.